Sunday, April 15, 2012

A preview from the first chapter of Chasing Maya...

CHAPTER ONE: BURDEN OF MEDIOCRITY

“Honey, can you switch off the balcony lamps, please…? …And what are you doing there, by the way? It’s two-thirty, honey… Don’t you have to go to work tomorrow? You know it’s a Monday, right?”

…Aparoopa doesn’t ever fail to remind….

A yet another tedious night spent in dire puzzlement and despair and I see the morning sun meekly rising behind the thin ashen clouds… Phew! Pune’s weather can be unbelievably astonishing…

I look through my bedroom window and feel vaguely lost…. Not quite sure if I would really want to go to work today!

I push myself off to the balcony and lit a cigarette... and suddenly a gush of wild thoughts overwhelms me from all around… Why don’t I feel like going to work? Why do I hate my job? Why am I generally disinterested in things that I do? What is it that makes me feel incomplete though the world sees me as a fairly successful man? Why do I always feel that I am stuck and lagging behind? Why am I not happy in life?

“So Mr. Siddhartha Kumar, you didn’t sleep the whole night?” Apu, I mean Aparoopa, sounds terribly annoyed. “Fine, go ahead. Have a great Monday anyway!”

Honk! Honk! God… even these trifling traffic jams can be so irritating! Honk! Honk! Just one more traffic signal to cross and I am there at my office parking – all set to start a yet another eventful week! Evident pretensions, pointless discussions and needless confrontations – that’s the forecast for the week, as usual! In fact for the past nine years, life has ceaselessly been going through the same old stressful grind. Thank God, by now, I have somehow picked up the tactics to manage this world around; otherwise coming this far in my career wasn’t really easy…

Chasing Maya is receving great response and review on Flipkart. To book your copy visit http://www.flipkart.com/chasing-maya-9380707358/p/itmd7wa9hmqmspmz?pid=9789380707358&_l=d7izwEFQZLoDqctmJtMgDw--&_r=7HzcDJj6EWV6oQI+jO8Itg--&ref=8949e099-cf73-407b-886a-fbe95510a7e2

No comments:

Post a Comment