Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lost 'em forever!

The jazz of monsoons…
The wild streams on the run…
Sparkling droplets with flashes
Of the meek, hiding sun
The calm moist breath imbued
With the soft tranquil breeze…
Oh, the days of leisure,
Those treasured moments of pleasure…
Yes, I know,
I have lost 'em forever!

Butterflies in the orchards,
We quietly stole.
Sought innocent joys,
Which felt so whole!
Tiny boats of paper
Wobbly, silly and eager
You and I,
Had set to hover…
They carried our dream,
Gave our faces a beam.
Waves of time,
They strived to ride
Naively, sailed far and wide.
Wafted, they away,
Not to return, ever.
Yes, I know,
I have lost 'em forever!

(Lost 'em forever was originally written way back in 1997. The current version is the result of a series of iterations made in June 2010.)

4 comments:

  1. quite relevant to our childhood and perhaps early adolescence...woh kagaz ki kashti woh baarish ka paani...great stuff Rohan...keep it up..want some more...waiting for D Day for you to beam through the paparaazi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rohan, this poem of urs makes me nostalgic and wish that I could go back to the good old days of childhood and my school mates. I remember how I used to enjoy squishing in the puddles left by the rains and enjoying the rains

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. It does capture some of the most precious moments of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its beautiful.....ya, we all lost 'em foreover....cant stop from being nostalgic.....our childhood days in mission school where we played and grew up together.........

    ReplyDelete